Overview of information and records management risks
- Managing records to manage information risks
- Towards an accountability system in the United Nations Secretariat (A/64/640:Page 22 )
- Presentation on managing information risks in peacekeeping operations
Information Security Risk Guide
An important aspect of managing risk is managing information security。 Records and information are important assets of the United Nations and sound procedures to protect the sensitivity and security of information are essential for the proper management of the Organization's records。 Information sensitivity is related to the confidentiality of information within the United Nations。
The proper handling of sensitive information is critical to the success of the Organization and its operations around the world。 Information security is concerned with information protection, including access control。 Information security also ensures that information is available when needed and maintains its integrity, that is, not altered or improperly disclosed。
- Ensuring records are secure
- Understanding information sensitivity
- How do I protect sensitive information?
- How do I ensure records are secure?
Business continuity Risk Guide
- How do I protect records from loss or damage?
- How do I protect records in an emergency?
- How do I know which records are vital?